A chest that has 1000 capacity thanks to linked cargo blocks but started out with 100 default capacity will drop all blocks (see T935 for that) if more than the default capacity is used.
This only happens after loading the sector again so pretty much every time you leave and come back, or log out/log in.
How to reproduce:
- place 2 chests down, expand both with a few cargo blocks
- fill the 1st chest with exactly the volume amount that equals its default chest size (that's either 10 volume or 100 volume, depending on what config you use now)
- do the same for the 2nd chest but add 1 more block so it is just above the default chest size
- unload/load sector or log out/log in
- notice how the 2nd chest dropped its blocks, but the 1st didn't.