Planet plates from large planets Shrink/default to a size far smaller than the planet actually was. This is both server and on Single-player that I have tested it.
I Believe Admin-Detonation WILL NOT reproduce this!
- Use a Logic-planet-killer ship with attached Jump capable vessel, such as this BP: I am unsure how BPs work, so the whole ship file is compressed in winrar there.
- Fly to any large planet, above r210 gives the most visible results, with r340 planets showing the issue even to the untrained eye
- Target planet core so HP is visible, point Planet Killer at planet core, prefereably between 2 plates so that the ship isnt struck by flying plates. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzl0nhkx6kd2zgo/starmade-screenshot-0020.png?dl=0 ) (mirror:
- Activate logic clock, keep the planet targeted and use the arrow keys to flip into a docked warper. Undock this vessel and charge its jump drive.
- Keep pointing at the planet with a charged jump drive, until planet HP is roughly 12-15m HP, then engage the jump drive
- Recharge the drive to return, giving ample time for the planet to be detonated. Enough time is at most 30 seconds. If the planet isnt detonated, return, and retry accordingly (Step 5, Logic clock will remain active and deplete core HP)
- Look at the planet plates. There should be large-ish plates that you have shot at with the cannon that have saved their size, and almost all other plates upon inspection will have shrunk https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdjbdmw5hvjkp8j/starmade-screenshot-0021.png?dl=0 ) (mirror:
Hopefully this is enough information, I have supplied screenshots from the single player tests as evidence, and the less-obvious multiplayer test can be found here:(Mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ymgmv8tr5n272s/starmade-screenshot-0019.png?dl=0 ) (180 radius planet with tiny plates after detonation)
EDIT: fixed typos