Spawned a ship through the blueprint owned by faction A. Get inside of it and re-set the Faction Module to Neutral. Some turrets still retain the previous ownership of Faction A. Then set the Faction Module to Faction B. Still those turrets retain Faction A ownership
- Task Type
- Affected Gamemode(s)
- Control Block System: Rails/Docking
- Video Card Vendor
- Spawn a ship with faction owned through Blueprint
- Use the Faction Module in it to set it to Neutral
- Enabled Docked and Turrets Nav View.
- Note some of the turrets is still owned by the Previous Faction
- Claim it using a different Faction.
- Note that the turrets still havent changed their Faction signature
Do the turrets or other docks that do not switch have permission modules beside the rails, rail docker or rail turret axis?
The does exempt them from any faction change propagation, to prevent takeover of docked neutral ships.
Feel free to upload a sample blueprint and we can look into the exact docks to examine the situation.
Well looks like the problem is caused by the faction modules on the turrets.
There are 3 inheritance modes:
- no Faction Module - Result: Will inherit setting of parent
- with Faction Module - Passive - Result: Will inherit setting of parent
- with Faction Module - Active - Result: Will not inherit setting of parent
A faction module can either be "Active" or "Passive".
If the last command of the faction module was: "Reset Faction Signature" it will disable its force inheritance, it will set the entity on your faction if you dock it, but it will be a "soft-setting" and never overwrite the parent.
In the other case, you would actively set the faction on the module. This turns this Faction Module to active faction enforcement. It will never accept any parent setting again.
The reason for this is:
If you set a faction Module to have the entity being operated/used by a low-rank member, or 'personal' you do not want this setting to change when the station or parent changes.
This also applies in the case when many ships dock to a large ship or station, resetting the faction on the parent, should not take over the docked player ships.
So to fix it, reset the faction of the ship, and manually reset the faction on all turrets or docks that keep the faction, to turn them back into "follow parent" mode.
Once you reset them all, they will work as expected again.