Starmade | Display Module Commads [REPLACEALL]/[REPLACEFIRST] dont count space
Open, HighPublic

Description

I got these commands for my displays set (same issue when I make FIRST not ALL)

[REPLACEALL]1 Besetzt 24m x 15m[WITH]1 Frei 24m x 15m


[REPLACEALL]1 Frei 24m x 15m[WITH]1 Besetzt 24m x 15m

but the output is:

"1 Frei 24m x 15m"

or
"1 Besetzt 24m x 15m"

the former

[REPLACEALL]1 Besetzt[WITH]1 Frei
[REPLACEALL]1 Frei[WITH]1 Besetzt

worked fine

in your preview the space is not displayed either
so please view it in edit task to see the problem (with the space)

Details

Task Type
Bug
Testing Results
Affected Gamemode(s)
Single and Multi
Reproducible
uncertain
Category
Logic Gates
First occurrence (version)
0.199.472
Hardware/Software/System
OS-Specific
No
Hardware-Specific
No
Video Card Vendor
uncertain
Andano created this task.Apr 4 2017, 5:09 PM
Andano edited Serverconfig (server.cfg). (Show Details)
Andano edited Serverconfig (server.cfg). (Show Details)
Andano edited the task description. (Show Details)Apr 4 2017, 5:12 PM
Andano set First occurrence (version) to 0.199.472.
Andano changed Video Card Vendor from AMD/ATI to uncertain.
Andano edited the task description. (Show Details)Apr 4 2017, 5:17 PM
Andano edited the task description. (Show Details)
Andano edited the task description. (Show Details)Apr 4 2017, 5:36 PM
AndyP claimed this task.Apr 4 2017, 7:12 PM
AndyP added a subscriber: AndyP.

Thank you for the report, I believe this is not meant to be a support ticket.
Will convert it to a bug report instead.

AndyP shifted this object from the S11 Support space to the S3 Starmade space.Apr 4 2017, 7:13 PM
AndyP changed Task Type from Request to Bug.
AndyP changed the visibility from "Custom Policy" to "Public (No Login Required)".
AndyP changed the edit policy from "Custom Policy" to "Starmade (Project)".
AndyP changed Affected Gamemode(s) from Multiplayer to Single and Multi.
AndyP changed Category from none/unspecified to Logic Gates.
AndyP edited Clientconfig (settings.cfg). (Show Details)
Restricted Application added projects: Issue Navigation, Starmade. · View Herald TranscriptApr 4 2017, 7:13 PM
AndyP moved this task from Backlog to Forwarded Request on the Support board.Apr 4 2017, 7:13 PM
AndyP moved this task from New / Unconfirmed to Feedback on the Issue Navigation board.
AndyP raised the priority of this task from "Normal" to "High".
AndyP changed the task status from "Open" to "Feedback".

Raising priority due to a changed behaviour.

When did the behaviour change?
Did you test in Release Candidate, or was it working "longer ago" and you discovered the problem in the latest release?

Restricted Application added a project: Waiting on Author. · View Herald TranscriptApr 4 2017, 7:15 PM
Andano added a comment.EditedApr 5 2017, 5:10 PM

I found the problem the day I posted the report and the former command without the "24m x 15m" worker for at least 1-2 months

First i just added 5 space and the "24m*15m" and tried it and it switched the line and added the 5 space and "24m*15m"
but i wanted it to be the same position no matter if the dock was occupied or not like i alligned the "Frei" and "Besetzt" kind of in the middle
so i changed the command and added it with the right ammount of space and the bug happend

PS:
I made some new MASTER display modules with the new commands and it worked (only the new ones)

for the old MASTER display modules:

-they have the new command typed in
-but they output the old one (without the space and diameter)
-checked by removing the diameter from the SLAVE display
-output was without diamter despite the new command in the old MASTER diplays

Restricted Application edited projects, added Customer responded; removed Waiting on Author. · View Herald TranscriptApr 5 2017, 5:10 PM
Restricted Application changed the task status from "Feedback" to "Open". · View Herald Transcript
AndyP removed AndyP as the assignee of this task.Apr 5 2017, 6:59 PM
AndyP moved this task from Feedback to Open / Validated on the Issue Navigation board.

-Validated-

Oh, okay, I understand.
should be enough to test it.

Andano added a comment.EditedApr 5 2017, 7:12 PM

I tried removing the old MASTER diplay and build new ones in the same spot and they automatically have the same text
Had an similar bug with Rails when i connected them to a button removed the button place it again (same spot) and it still had the connection (C button V Rail)

PS:
tried it with other displays 10 blocks away and they get "no data" when i rebuild them (did not use undo command all manually)

AndyP added a comment.Apr 5 2017, 7:55 PM

Yeah, metadata is kept in place, even if the display is removed, kind of another bug, but unrelated to this.