The launcher stores the installed game version in its cache, which leads to several bugs:
- Updating to a different version and immediately closing and restarting the launcher makes it think it's on the new version.
- The launcher is not aware of Steam game updates
- The launcher cannot read the version of different game installs
- The launcher does not know the installed game version if the user clears its cache
This absolutely must be fixed prior to the next launcher update.
- version.txt malformed
- version.txt missing
- fresh install (no version.txt, no StarMade.jar)