I noticed something: planets cause quite a bit of lag. I had a higher FPS rate in the spawn, with a few stations, an Advanced Shop, and several ships then I did with one ship about a sector or two away from a planet. Yes; being in the same sector as several entities has better performance than being in a sector with one entity in it (you in a ship) while being near a planet, but not in its sector - 1 or 2 away from it.
- Task Type
- Affected Gamemode(s)
- Video Card Vendor
Steps to reproduce
- Make a new world. Ensure Max Stations is more than 1.
- Spawn in and build a few stations (maybe 2-4 of them; they don’t have to be a full build - just a room is OK, and even that isn’t super necessary)
- Spawn and build about 10 ships (again, no need for a full-blown, 45-minute ship; basics are okay)
- Observe the performance and check the FPS
- Admin Warp a sector or two away from a planet
- Notice performance drops
- Go to the planet. Even with a small ship that causes no size lag, the game slows down considerably.
<replace this block with the file content, but do not remove the first and last line. Before using the paste function, mark the area from the opening angle bracket to the closing angle bracket>