Starmade | Block count and mass is off
Closed, FinishedPublic

Description

While testing the power system to find the most efficient system I noticed the block count was off.
I added blocks in 10 count increments. I actually seen it put 10 blocks in multiple times yet increase count 11.
I also noticed the mass was off because the block count was off.

It doesn't do it every single time you add 10 blocks in a row just every so often. I have saved the ship if you need.
The ship is a core with 320 blocks on top of the core branching off the lowest core is 319 blocks they are perpendicular to one another.
Thus their dimensions is 320x320x320 with the core being at the bottom that dimension is 321. The game has the dimensions correct.
It however has the block count at 1027 and mass at 102.6
The actual block count is 320+319+319 for a total of 938+1 the core = 939 a difference of 88 blocks.

Details

Testing Results
Affected Gamemode(s)
Single and Multi
Reproducible
Yes
Last tested (version)
0.197.47
Issue Type
Bug
Category
Engine
First occurrence (version)
0.19431
Hardware/Software/System
OS-Specific
No
Hardware-Specific
No
Video Card Vendor
uncertain
User/Reporter/Contact
URL to Starmadedock thread
http://starmadedock.net/threads/power-production-actual-values.21396/
Username on Registry
GRHayes
Serverconfig (server.cfg)
<replace this line with the file content>
Clientconfig (settings.cfg)
<replace this line with the file content>
GRHayes created this task.Oct 11 2015, 2:53 AM
GRHayes changed Affected Gamemode(s) from none/unspecified to Single and Multi.
GRHayes set First occurrence (version) to 0.19431.
GRHayes changed Reproducible from uncertain to Yes.
GRHayes set Last tested (version) to 0.19431.
GRHayes edited Serverconfig (server.cfg). (Show Details)
GRHayes edited Clientconfig (settings.cfg). (Show Details)
GRHayes set URL to Starmadedock thread to http://starmadedock.net/threads/power-production-actual-values.21396/.
GRHayes set Username on Registry to GRHayes.
GRHayes added a subscriber: GRHayes.
Restricted Application added a project: Workflow Issue Navigation. · View Herald TranscriptOct 11 2015, 2:53 AM
SmilingDemon triaged this task as "Normal" priority.
SmilingDemon shifted this object from the S1 Public space to the S3 Starmade space.
SmilingDemon changed the visibility from "Custom Policy" to "Public (No Login Required)".
SmilingDemon changed the edit policy from "Task Author" to "Starmade (Project)".
SmilingDemon set Issue Type to Bug.
SmilingDemon set Category to Engine.
SmilingDemon set OS-Specific to No.
SmilingDemon set Hardware-Specific to No.
SmilingDemon set Video Card Vendor to uncertain.
SmilingDemon moved this task from Unclassed to Issue affecting current release on the Starmade board.
SmilingDemon removed SmilingDemon as the assignee of this task.
SmilingDemon added a subscriber: SmilingDemon.
Chandler claimed this task.Oct 13 2015, 9:58 PM

Please Upload the Ship...

http://starmadedock.net/threads/block-count-is-off.21446/
You can find the ship here. And image proving the count is off before saving. Second ship worse. off 12%.

Chandler changed the task status from "Open" to "In Queue (Game)".
Chandler changed the task status from "In Queue (Game)" to "Open".Oct 14 2015, 1:45 PM

-Confirmed- in Dev.
Create a core and build up. pay attention to the height dimension. I built using 10 at a time and thirty. If i remove the blocks the difference is left, with nothing to remove.

Apparently, if you restart the game it fixes itself, and if you save it to Blue Print it also fixes itself. tab-f6 will also fix it.

Chandler changed the task status from "Open" to "In Queue (Game)".Oct 14 2015, 2:01 PM
Chandler changed Last tested (version) from 0.19431 to 0.19439.Oct 14 2015, 6:56 PM
schema changed the task status from "In Queue (Game)" to "Resolved".Jan 28 2016, 9:40 PM
schema added a subscriber: schema.

Appears to be fixed.

lancake closed this task as "Closed".

-QA Testing-

Tried the steps to reproduce and failed to do it, fix confirmed.

Restricted Application removed a project: Workflow Quality Assurance. · View Herald TranscriptApr 24 2016, 1:06 PM
lancake changed Last tested (version) from 0.19439 to 0.197.47.Apr 24 2016, 1:06 PM
In T753#53404, @lancake wrote:

-QA Testing-

Tried the steps to reproduce and failed to do it, fix confirmed.

Agreed. Good for me too.

Add Comment